THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Being Safe, Wise & Kind To My Body When Hiking!

Hey guys!
well, I am sorry I trumped all over my own post with reasons instead of the motivational
part of my losing weight tips, and the personal pros and cons of hiking.

Hiking

Pros: *My butt will get into better shape! wahhoo!
*it will tone my legs
*it is a great cardio work out
*it has helped my blood circulate!- I have always had problems
being cold but now I'm warm and it feels fantastic!
*It helps slowly introduce running (because I run down hill)
I can control my breathing! I've always had a hard time controlling my
breathing, but I can pace myself and push myself at the same time, so it
helps.
*It's a fun activity that I can do with friends in shape and outta shape
because not too many people hate hiking but many hate running
*There are generally nice and encouraging people at the hiking sites,
so it makes it pleasant

Cons: *It sucked when I first started out because it was so hard.
*My feet got calluses
*If not done properly it causes injuries

Inspiration:
*Zuzana Light- I posted her link on the right side
of my blog at the top. Click This Link To Take A Peek At My Inspiration!
*Making a plan, use calenders, dates with friends and motivational rewards *All those time people said I was fat.
*My legs rubbing together when I walk up the hill
*The clothes I cant wear


Tips

*Make sure you have your cell phone! incase of any emergencies.
*Make sure you let someone know the general area of where you are going to be
*Make sure that you have the right shoes!
(I don't even have the right shoes yet and it kind of sucks)
*Make sure you wear sunblock! You don't want to burn!
*Definitely stretch! I didn't and my hip was hurting for a week!
*After exercise of any kind if you having knee problems or any
other unusual problems (other than soreness) you should definitely see a physical therapist at
least once to get some advise. I did and it worked for me.
*When you are going up hill make sure to use your butt and not rely on your knees and upper leg
to push you up. I know this sounds weird but I used to and my knees would kill me the next
day. I did not recognize what I was doing that until I saw a physical therapist.
*If your legs are rubbing together its best to wear leggings!
I find they are comfy, don't make you too hot and are light!
Some times they are expensive but forever21 has some basic ones
that are cheap! Leggings!

**Problems with peeing!
I always had to pee when I got to the top of the mountain!
It was so uncomfortable! It seriously looked like I had ants in my pants...lol.
What you should do is through out your day make sure you are hydrated and
go to the bathroom when you need to. 30 minutes before you go hiking stop drinking.
Go to the bathroom every time you have to. Then 15 minutes before make sure
you are not dehydrated. If you are thirsty drink about 4oz of water. It helps
if there is a bathroom at the site so you can go just before you start but if
not try going before you leave. After that the general rule is to not over
drink and hydrate your self every 20 minutes with 4-6 oz of water.

Overall, I love hiking! I get sun, air, a chance to exercise and be social,
to see cute kids and pooches, and to build muscle and LOSE FAT!

Thanks for tuning in and I hope I was helpful! Any questions, tips or comments do yo thang!

nosnoozieq
xox

0 comments: